Monday, July 13, 2020

Gnomon Workshop tutorial now available!

Good news, everyone!
I've finally broken my silence with an announcement. For the past few months I've been working the hours away to produce a tutorial for the Gnomon Workshop and the first volume is finally here!
The tutorial is titled "Subtle Performance Workflow"; the first volume covers shot planning and body animation and the second volume will cover facial anatomy and animation. My whole objective for this tutorial was to outline my workflow and thoughts for animating a realistic, subtle dialogue piece; to get into the nitty gritty of making a character feel vibrant and alive while not doing a whole lot.
Enjoy the final animation! Volume 1 is already out and volume 2 should be up in the next few weeks.

And to coincide with the release of my tutorial, I've put together a reel of the work I personally did on Aladdin. I was a lead on this show and worked closely with modeling and rigging to develop the facial setup used on Genie. I'm pretty proud of how it all turned out. My only regret is that I didn't get to actually meet Will Smith during the time we were making him blue.

No comments: